Red Church construction logistics 51-5-5-2022
Sonora, California – The public is urged to avoid certain areas as construction in front of Sonora’s Red Church continues next week.
The contractor will pour concrete in marked sidewalk areas at the St. James Episcopal Church three-way intersection between N. Washington Street and Highway 49, Elkin and Snell Streets. Construction will resume Sunday at 8 p.m. and will last until Thursday. The project is scheduled to continue until June 23, 2022.
Some cement work began Friday evening and will continue early Monday. The zones are represented on this map. The contractor requests that there be no foot traffic in the highlighted areas until the end of the day on Monday. They have provided the additional parking restrictions below and working hours information: Please note the following:
Site logistics-Week of 05/01/2022:
- Work for consist of concrete placement, brick pavers and planter areas along southbound SR49 (work area highlighted in orange). Asphalt patching should take place after the concrete has been placed.
- Pedestrians to use the crosswalks at Snell St, SR49 and Elkin St on the north end. Pedestrians will use the crosswalk at Dodge St at the south end of the project boundary.
- Level 1 of the parking structure will be closed departure 24/04/2022 and will remain closed for two weeks, during the weekends. Duration for be updated as the project progresses.
- ‘No Parking’ signs will be placed on Snell St, on Saint-Jacques Episcopal Church. There will also be ‘No Parking’ signs placed along the south direction & SR49 northbound from the Snell/Elkin Street st continuing to Dodge St.
- Traffic control will be in place and flags will be used.
- Expect an increase in truck and construction equipment traffic in the area.
- Working hours will be 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Sunday through Thursday. Intermittent work from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Concrete pouring will begin at 3 a.m., followed by to end work until 12:00 p.m. on Monday 5/2.
**Weekly updates will be provided**
**The schedule of activities depends on the weather**